While quality problems are rare at HED Cycling Products, and nobody wants to use a warranty, we know that, when it comes to cycling, confidence and peace of mind are of the utmost importance.
All HED Wheels have a 5 Year Limited Warranty period from the date of purchase. Below, we have detailed the terms of the HED 5 Year Warranty Policy. If you have concerns about your wheels or other HED products, please feel free to contact us, through our Contact Form, by phone or email.
We warrant that during the Warranty Period, as noted below, all HED assembled wheels and their accessories will be free from defects in materials and workmanship.
We limit the duration and remedies of all implied warranties, including without limitation the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose to the duration of this express limited warranty.
Our responsibility for defective goods is limited to repair or replacement as described below in this warranty statement.
WHO MAY USE THIS WARRANTY?
We extend this limited warranty only to the consumer who originally purchased the product (“you”). It does not extend to any subsequent owner or other transferee of the product.
WHAT DOES THIS WARRANTY COVER?
This limited warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship of HED Cycling Products’ wheels, rims and other products (the “product”) for the Warranty Period as defined below.
WHAT DOES THIS WARRANTY NOT COVER?
This warranty does not cover any damage due to:
(c) improper use outside ASTM riding guidelines;
(d) installation of components, parts or accessories not originally intended for use or compatible with HED products;
(e) failure to follow the product instructions or to perform any preventative maintenance;
(f) product modifications;
(g) unauthorized repair;
(h) normal wear and tear;
(i) HED products purchased from unauthorized dealers, including but not limited to third-party interest sites (e.g. Amazon, eBay, etc.) or
(j) external causes such as accidents, abuse, or other actions or events beyond our reasonable control.
Wheels built by consumers with HED components are void of warranty except for the specific HED components used within the build. Check with your HED dealer for any additional warranty for non-HED built wheels.
WHAT IS THE PERIOD OF COVERAGE?
This limited warranty starts on the date of your purchase and lasts for five (5) years (the “Warranty Period”). The Warranty Period is not extended if we repair or replace the product. We may change the availability of this limited warranty at our discretion, but any changes will not be retroactive.
WHAT ARE YOUR REMEDIES UNDER THIS WARRANTY?
With respect to any defective product during the Warranty Period, we will, in our sole discretion, repair or replace such product (or the defective part) free of charge. We will also pay for shipping and handling fees to return the repaired or replacement product to you if we elect to repair or replace the defective product.
HOW DO YOU OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE?
(1) Contact us through our Contact Form. If we determine that the concerned product meets the terms of coverage within the Warranty Policy, we will then issue you a Defective Merchandise Authorization (“DMA”) number.
(2) Download and complete the below Returns Form and indicate your DMA number where specified.
(3) Pack your item, as well as the Returns Form and your original receipt or purchase in a secure box.
(4) Send your parcel back to us via a tracked, insure courier service to our address indicated on the return form.
(5) Once we receive your goods we will assess them before contacting you with an appropriate resolution.
- No warranty service will be provided without a DMA number.
- If you purchased your HED product from another dealer rather than directly from HED Cycling Products, you should raise any issues directly with them first. They would then be able to handle any potential warranty case before contacting us if necessary.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The remedies described above are your sole and exclusive remedies and our entire liability for any breach of this limited warranty. Our liability shall under no circumstances exceed the actual amount paid by you for the defective product, nor shall we under any circumstances be liable for any consequential, incidental, special or punitive damages or losses, whether direct or indirect.